Engineering feats in China are impressive. This four and a half minute video documents ten of them – at least as they existed in November of 2016. Additional engineering feats continue to expand the list.
The marvels on this list are:
- Largest power station: Three Gorges Dam
- Longest bridge: Danyang-Kunshan Grand Bridge
- Longest high-speed railway network: China HSR Network
- Fastest supercomputer: Sunway TaihuLight
- Highest bridge: Sidu River Bridge
- Longest railway tunnel: Guangzhou Metro Line 3
- Largest building by floor area: New Century Global Center
- Largest aperture-filled telescope: Five-hundred-meter Aperture
- Fastest commercial operating train: Shanghai Maglev Train
- Among the largest engineering mega-project: South–North Water Transfer Project.